Best Tips for Zanzibar Tour & Beach Holiday.
Zanzibar has long been at the Center of the Indian Ocean experience in East Africa and a Zanzibar holiday is a sensory experience referred by many travelers who visit Tanzania coastal island of Zanzibar.
Go on spice tours, taste local dishes and walk the paved streets of the capital’s old quarter Stone Town, now a World Heritage Site lively with colorful back-street markets and local flavors.
And then of course there are the Zanzibar beaches: perfect for anyone who simply wants to enjoy a slowly luxurious beach vacation – Zanzibar and its distant islands are home to some of the deluxe beaches in East Africa as well as a number of its best dive sites.
You won’t want for somewhere to stay either: one of the world’s most romantic honeymoon destinations, Zanzibar has accommodation that ranges from luxury beachfront cottages to exclusive boutique hotels and elegant spa resorts; parents on the other hand will be pleased by Zanzibar’s family-friendly hotels and safe-swimming beaches.
Best Tips for Zanzibar tour and Beach Holiday.
- Yellow Fever: visitors to Zanzibar must produce a valid yellow fever certificate obtained no less than 10 days prior to travel in order to enter.
- Malaria: Zanzibar lies in the malarial belt and travelers to the island are strongly advised to take relevant precautions against contracting malaria.
- Avoid April: this month experiences the heaviest rainfall volumes and, unsurprisingly, the most days with rain.
- Dress code: remember that Zanzibar is a conservative, predominantly Muslim society. Travelers – especially women – are advised to dress and behave with respect to local customs and sensibilities. Please ask permission before taking photographs of Zanzibar.
- Ramadan: travelers are often advised to avoid visiting Zanzibar during Ramadan as many restaurants and other amenities close down. Check with your consultant for exact dates.
- Other Islands: Zanzibar Island is part of the Zanzibar Archipelago – if you can’t find what you’re looking for on Zanzibar, ask your travel consultant for advice on outlying islands like Pemba or Mnemba as well as Mafia Island further south.
Zanzibar Island is Accessible from travel hub Dar es Salaam and combining easily with top Tanzania safari destinations such as the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater, Zanzibar can be part of a safari and beach tour or as a stand-alone holiday.
Zanzibar Holiday Tour – Booking Information.
Use our Booking form below to get a details of Zanzibar tour includes how to prepare for Tour (What to pack, visa, Passport, Insurance, Vaccinations, international flights etc.), the type of accommodation stay and their standard, Departures dates, Prices, and Best time to go for Tanzania Safaris Vacations.