Serengeti National Park – Migration Safari
Serengeti national park is one of famous park found northern of Tanzania game park destination, it is considered as first park in Africa having large driver of animals. being in Serengeti you will enjoy the game drive in private safari vehicle with open roof and large extended window for best animals viewing. In the evening you will be transferred to the booked accommodation depend on your choice. There are plents of Lodges, tented campsite and public campsite which varying in level of Luxury. The Serengeti National Park safari is famed for its annual wildebeest migration, when some six million hooves pound the open plains, as more than 200,000 zebra and 300,000 Thomson’s gazelle join the wildebeest’s trek for fresh grazing.
Serengeti National Park – Best Known For.
- The annual Great Tanzania Safari Migration of the animals from the Serengeti national park into Kenya in search of water and pastures is an amazing spectacle that attracts thousands of people worldwide.
- Its ecosystem supports the greatest remaining concentration of plains game in Africa, including more than 2 million large mammals.
- At times the column of wildebeest can be 40 km in length.
- The breeding season an explosion of 8,000 calves a day are produced.
- It is Tanzania’s oldest Park and its vast open plains have adorned the covers and pages of magazines for decades and featured in numerous films and documentaries. Serengeti Wildebeest
- Its name comes from the Maasai word Siringet, meaning “endless plains”. Serengeti Wildebeest
- Nominated as one of the contenders for the 7th Natural Wonder of the World.
- Has a high population of Lions and Leopards.
- The Seronera Valley is home to large prides of lions.
- Has the highest concentration of wild animals in Africa.
- Spectacular rock formations in the middle of vast open plains known as Kopjes.
- Although Lake Manyara is known for its tree climbing lions, during the peak fo the great wildebeest migration, lions are seen climbing trees here also, in search for prey and simply to get out of the lush tall grasses its prey feeds on.
When To Go Serengeti
- At the end of the rains in May and June when the wildebeest and other migratory mammals begin to head north-west to the Serengeti National parkj and Grumeti River, and sometimes associate with river crossing.
- Mid November until the annual calving in the south eastern parts of the Serengeti Safari between January and March. So effectively you would see the migration in different stages between December and June.
- For predator viewing, the best times are June – October
Type Of Activities
- Game driving in the open plains
- Float off into the sky, in a Hot Air Balloon Safari. Followed by a Champagne bush breakfast
- Bird watching – over 500 species of birds in Serengeti National Park