Serena Safari Lodge Serengeti
Serena Safari Lodge Serengeti is set high on a hill with breathtaking views of wilderness landscape of the Serengeti plains. Big game feed in full view of the lodge, and especially during April and June the migration passes through this area! The lodge design is simple but stunning. Inspired by a traditional African village, separate rondavel “huts” house the luxury guest rooms that have their own view of the vast Serengeti plains. A delightful water feature runs through the main public areas, creating a natural source of waterborne plants. All 66 guest rooms have private balconies with views of the Serengeti plains.
Serena Safari Lodge Serengeti – Facilities.
Set high on the saddle of a tree-clad ridge, commanding panoramic views across the Serengeti, this lodge is the ultimate fusion of traditional African architecture and world-class style. Winner of numerous awards from the world travel press, it is perhaps the finest venue the Serengeti has to offer.
- Traditionally-carved, domed dining room
- Individual ‘rondavel’ rooms with private balconies
- Vanishing horizon pool overlooking the plains
- Scenic safari bar with timbered terrace
- Private bush camp overlooking the migration
- Central barbeque area and water gardens
- Game drives daily
- Wedding planning and honeymoon venue
- Gift shop, business centre, WiFi
- Conference centre
- Extensive selection of sports and activities
- Cultural dance and music
- TV room with satellite TV
Where Is It Located
- Centrally located adjacent to the famous Western Corridor and Grumeti River, the lodge has been designed to blend completely into the living landscape. A series of traditional domed ‘rondavels’ are widely spaced throughout the grounds, which are cooled by groves of acacia trees and watered by sparkling streams. On the very edge of the ridge is a ‘vanishing horizon’ pool, which looks out over the ‘endless plains’ after which the Serengeti is named.