Selous Great Water Lodge
Selous Great Water Lodge is situated on the fringes of the largest wildlife sanctuary in the whole of Africa. You will be able to see thousands of large wild animals moving across this spectacular terrain that is less visited by most of the holiday makers in Tanzania. Selous Great Water Lodge has 4 bandas (huts) and a family bungalow, with hot and cold water, proper showers and toilets, double bed with mosquito netting and a wardrobe. All bungalows are overlooking the majestic Rufiji River, with its abundance of birds, and sometimes you can spot hippos and even crocodiles directly from the lodge!
Selous Great Water Lodge – Facilities.
- Accommodation is offered in thatched lodges having en-siute bathrooms, 2 family rooms, plus 2 luxury tents placed on elevated platforms that offer stunning vistas over the water hole and further on across the distant grassland. Dinner is normally served beneath the stars and served at a candle-lit table near the banks of the river. We also welcome couples on Honeymoon! We are glad to also to cater for guests who are vegetarians as well as others who have unique dietary needs
- The lodges organize Boat Safaris on the Rufiji River, Walking Safaris, cultural village tours and game drives in the Selous Game Reserve.
- Of course also airport transfers (Mtemere), so that it’s perfect for fly-in Safaris, from either Zanzibar or Dar, or even Arusha, to combine it with a visit of the northern parks of Tanzania.
- Meals are served in the beautifully thatched main area overlooking the Rufiji river. Fresh river fish is on the menu when available.
Where Is It Located
- Selous Great Water Lodge is situated at the Rufiji River, some 20 minutes from the park border of the Selous Game Reserve, and 30 minutes from Mtemere airstrip.