Rufiji River Camp Safari Tanzania
Rufiji River Camp is located on the banks of the mighty Rufiji River in the north-eastern part of the Selous Game Reserve, with good vistas over the river and the grassy plains of the game reserve. There are many animals coming to drink at the river offering a permanent show to visitors of the camp. There are hundreds of hippos, and crocodiles lazing in the sun on the sandbanks in the river.
Rufiji River Camp Safari Tanzania – Facilities.
- Activities at Rufiji include river boat safaris, game drives and guided walks.
- Boat safaris explore the nearby lakes, whilst game drives can venture further. Whole-day drives are often possible, and you’ll take with you a picnic for a leisurely lunch in the bush.
- The nearby forest is best explored on foot; your guide will lead you along shady paths in search of blue samango and black-and-white colobus.
- Run by an Italian owner, Luigi, the Rufiji River Camp is well organised, unpretentious and relaxed.
- Unfortunately kids below 6 years are not allowed to stay at the camp.
Where Is It Located
- Rufiji River Camp is located in the Selous Game Reserve in Southern Tanzania. The tented camp, situated in the middle of the reserve, and slightly east of the hot game spot, it is environmentally friendly and each tent is equipped with a private bathroom and a veranda facing the river. In the dry months there is a constant flow of animals coming down to drink at the river