Ruaha River Safari Lodge
Ruaha River Safari Lodge, oldest lodge in Ruaha National Park. The Great Ruaha River is the lifeline of the Park and Ruaha River Lodge offers the privilege of a private riverside ‘banda’ designed to blend like a dream into the surroundings. Lying deep in southern Tanzania, it’s a classic off-the-beaten-path, fly-in destination but Ruaha National Park delivers one of the most rewarding wildlife experiences in the country. Set where the woodlands of Southern Africa meet the savannas of East Africa, a Ruaha safari showcases a region where the diversity of animals is matched by their numbers.
Ruaha River Safari Lodge – Facilities.
The Ruaha River Safari Lodge is the cheapest accommodation in Ruaha National Park, which actually offers a good value stay. The setting is exceptional, right on the banks of the Ruaha river and the backdrop with the rolling hills is great. The only drawback is that the lodge is quite big and isn’t and build out of brick and stone. But that aside, it offers a great location and exceptional value.
- The Lodge has abanda with ramp access close to the riverside dining room.
- The bathrooms
- are large with wide doorway and a plastic chair can be provided for the shower.
- There are no other specific adaptations, but staff are always on hand to help in any way required.
Where Is It Located
- Ruaha River Safari Lodge Situated in a fantastic location right on the river, Ruaha River Lodge is the oldest lodge in Ruaha National Park. The Ruaha River Lodge is located about 30 minutes game drive away from the Msembe airstrip.
- Unpretentious and relaxed, it is owned and run by the Fox family, and is well suited for those on a tighter budget. Although the lodge is relatively large, the atmosphere is more personal than you might expect, with very engaged management and friendly service.