Olivers Safari Camp Tarangire
Olivers safari Camp is located in the middle of the Tarangire National Park, in the west the Silale Swamps and in the east the Tarangire River, which are attracting every year from July to December huge herds of wildebeest, zebra, buffalo and elephant! The camp features only 8 beautifully furnished luxury tents. Every tent has beautifully made local wooden furniture and is decorated with flowers and African cloth; each has its own warm private shower and toilet tent attached at the rear. Whilst Oliver’s Camp is very comfortable and superbly run by the small dedicated crew, it’s not the place to go if you are looking for serious luxury. But this is one of Tanzania’s best bush camps and a place designed to compliment the unspoilt wilderness of this area, experiencing wildlife while being part of the nature!
Olivers Safari Camp Tarangire – Facilities.
- Accommodation is in ten spacious and well-designed tented rooms. The headboards are hand-carved from African mahogany and the color scheme has been carefully curated to reflect the bush veld and blur the demarcation between interior and exterior. All suites are en suite with spacious outdoor showers, and boast private furnished verandas.
- There is a lounge and library tent, and you can enjoy sun downers at the fireplace, from where you have superb views of the surrounding landscape, with views of the Ngorongoro highlands, the Great Rift Valley, the Lake Manyara region and of course the park itself.
- Walking is the specialty of Oliver’s Camp and a privilege only to the camp! Although you’ll usually get close to large mammals like elephant, giraffe, buffalo or even lion, walking safaris are very safe: You can combine Walking Safaris with fly camping in the bush, in the most remote areas of the park, lasting several days. Try the longer, 3 – 5 days walking safaris eastwards into Masai land as wildlife migrates out of the park in the December – February season. During those walking Safaris you can learn how the locals interacting with the wildlife, protecting it and profiting at the same time.
Where Is It Located
- Olivers Safari Camp is located in the Tarangire National Park area of Northern Tanzania.Set in the furthest reaches of the park, not far from Silale Swamp, gives Oliver’s once of the best locations of any of the camps in the park.
- This region has a huge range of different topographies with the swampland providing a cooling break for the animals from the midday sun and so it is, very much a mecca for animals of all types while being a long way from the busier northern reaches of the park.