Ngare Sero Lodge Lake Natron
Ngare Sero Lodge Lake Natron is At the lowest point of the Great Rift Valley in East Africa at an altitude of 600m above sea level, sits the shallow Lake Natron. Here, between the only active volcano in Tanzania, Oldonyo Lengai to the south, pinnacles of Mt Gelai to the east, the gorge etched escarpment of the Rift Valley to the west, and the mirror-surfaced lake, a sanctuary to thousands of flamingos to the north, is the cool oasis adjacent to the soda flats where Lake Natron eco-camp lies.
Ngare Sero Lodge Lake Natron – Facilities
The destination offers a wide range of accommodations to satisfy (almost) all budgets. During the Safari, Canvas Camps (fixed or mobile to follow the great migrations), large structures or more intimate lodges carve the lion’s share. We privilege addresses combining charm and authenticity for a more exotic holiday. The location in the heart of National Parks, thus reducing the drive time, is also a major asset in the success of a safari.
- Modern and clean safari tents offer comfortable beds, en-suite showers
- a verandah with your own private view.
- A fully stocked bar and restaurant
- with view over Lake Natron ensure you have a cold drink and good food in the evening.
- the small swimming pool helps to cool off at the end of dusty Safari day.
flush toilet and showers.
- Climbing Oldonyo Lengai can be arranged with highly experienced guides.
- No special equipment is required but it is a hard climb to the top due to the steepness of the mountain. You depart the camp around midnight, climb in the early morning hours to reach the top for sunrise. On the top at 2.890m you’ll be rewarded with the fantastic views of Lake Natron and the surrounding landscape. Oldonyo Lengai is still active.
- But there is also good (and easier…) walking around the lake. For example you can visit nearby freshwater waterfalls, where you can swim.
- The lake is home to thousands of lesser flamingo’s and it is one of the most important flamingo breeding grounds on earth.
Where Is It Located
- Located in the Natron Lake region At the lowest point of the Great Rift Valley in East Africa at an altitude of 600m above sea level, sits the shallow Lake Natron. Here, between the only active volcano in Tanzania,