Ndutu Safari Lodge Serengeti
Ndutu Safari Lodge is situated in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area in the southern Serengeti eco-system, at the border to the Serengeti National Park. Its location is perfect to explore the wildlife of Ngorongoro and Serengeti, and between November and February the migration is just around! The Lodge nestles unobtrusively under a canopy of giant acacias overlooking a soda lake, Lake Ndutu. The lodge offers a superb base in which to explore the range of habitats that lie within easy reach, this include swamps, woodlands, soda lakes and the world famous Serengeti short grass plains. Ndutu Safari Lodge has been a favourite with professional wildlife photographers and film-makers for the past four decades, because it’s simply one of the places to watch wildlife.
Ndutu Safari Lodge Serengeti – Accommodation
- Ndutu Safari Lodge consists of 34 stone cottages that extend from the central, open-sided bar, lounge and dining room. Each room has it’s own verandah that overlooks Lake Ndutu. All rooms have en-suite facilities. The cottages are made from local materials and offer comfortable, tasteful accommodation. Four rooms have a king-size bed, there are also four family rooms, which can accommodate up to four people. All other rooms have 2 single beds. All the rooms are single storey and are accessible with a wheel chair.
- the lodge offers good quality home cooking. Many of the vegetables are from local farmers in the area.
Dinner is a hearty four course affair and is served from 7.30pm through to 9pm.
They always offer a vegetarian alternative.
- The generator is operational from (approximately) 6am- 1pm and 6pm- 11.30pm. The voltage is 220 Volts and we use the English 3 pin plugs. All rooms have electric lights; there are also torches and candles in the rooms for use when the generator has been switched off at night.
- There are no fences around Ndutu Safari Lodge and wild animals wander through at all hours of day and night. Guests, for their own safety, are requested to stay within the lodge grounds. During the evening, watchmen are on duty and are on hand to escort guests back to their rooms. The watchmen remain on duty throughout the night.
- Each evening we welcome our guests to join us around the camp-fire. For those not wanting to sit outside, the bar provides a warm atmosphere. The genets, small spotted cat-like animals, usually make an appearance, as they gaze down at you from the rafters. it is a great pleasure for guests to be able to see them at such a close proximity.
Walking Safaris in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Walking is allowed in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area but you must be accompanied by a NCAA ranger. The ranger post is situated close to the lodge and they charge $20 per group per walk. Most walks are usually around 2 hours in duration but they can be varied in length.
Further Facilities in the Ndutu Safari Lodge
- Telephone, fax and email are available at the lodge
- Internet access
- Gift Shop
- Medical Emergencies
Where Is It Located
- Ndutu Safari Lodge is situated in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area in the southern Serengeti eco-system. In the heart of the Serengeti Plain, at the head of Olduvai Gorge, beside a small lake set in beautiful acacia woodland, with the mighty backdrop of the Ngorongoro Crater highlands.