Lake Natron Halisi Camp.
Lake Natron Halisi Camp is located on a concession of 9 acres south of Lake Natron and the village of Engaresero. It is the best of before Hiking Olonyo lengai. The land belongs to the village of Engaresero, meaning every guest staying at the camp is contributing to the development the village. Lake Natron Halisi Camp is open all year. Solar energy, minimal water usage and measures are designed to ensure a small carbon footprint.
Lake Natron Halisi Camp – Facilities
The Lake Natron Halisi Camp consists of about ten tents, with en-suite bathroom. Hot water for the shower – about 20 liters – is supplied by the camp staff at the agreed time. The eco-toilet works without water. Electricity is provided by solar panels however there are no sockets in the rooms and mobiles and video devices need to be charged at the bar. It is complemented by the mess tent and the little reception with lounge.
• 10 extra large tents
• King size beds with deluxe mattress for the best night’s sleep
• Light by Solar Energy
• 2 twin beds or 1 double bed or Family tent with 1 double and 2 singles
• Luggage rack, bedside table and clothes hangar
• Separate bathroom area with bush shower, sink, stand, mirror and toilet
• Hot water boiled and personally brought to your tent on request
• Small Veranda area to sit and take in the view
• Lounge, Dining and Bar Tent
.Where Is It Located
- Overlooking the shallow Lake Natron and found at one of the lowest points in Africa’s famous Great Rift Valley lies Lake Natron Halisi Camp This camp can be reached from Arusha but it is worth bearing in mind that a long drive may be ahead of you. However, if the camp is combined with Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater or the Serengeti the drive will be much shorter.