Mount Meru Climbing Arusha Park.
Mount meru climbing in Arusha park is done in 3 days to 4 days in Group or solo Climbers before safari or Beach tour. Mount Meru climbing Arusha National Park in Tanzania is the adventure tour takes you to this second peak mountain in Tanzania. Our mount Meru climbing tour Tanzania is basically done by using indigenous people with a lot of experience as they have climbing this mountain several times. During Mount Meru Climbing you will be escorted by main guide, cooks and porters, the later one will be responsible for carrying your luggage to be used in the mountain together with your meals. Your accommodation while Hiking Mount Meru will be inside huts supplied with all facilities for your comfortable stay and overnight while Trekking Mount Meru tour.
Mount Meru Climbing Arusha Nation Park – Overview.
Mount Meru climbing cost vary much with respect to numbers of days that will need to spend on the mountain due to acclimatization with mountain condition, in this case you will climb mount Meru as shorter as 3 days for experienced climber or in 4 days to summit the peak successful for non-experienced climbers. Sometimes Trekking Mount Meru Arusha National park is considered as acclimatization or preparation for Mount Kilimanjaro climbing. The fact is climber’s consider Climbing Mount Meru is the best way they can adopt the weather of Tanzania and hence summit the peak of Mount Kilimanjaro with little altitude sickness.
During Hiking Mount Meru, hikers must climb with an armed ranger as the mountain located inside the national park, therefore you will encounter wide range of wildlife living on the mountain. On the lower slopes of the mountain, hikers are more likely certain to see monkeys, warthogs, buffaloes and a wide array of birds and, if you’re lucky, elephants and giraffes! Hiking Mount Meru will continue through the straight trail characterized by steep cliff to the summit. Hikers reach the summit as the sun is rising and they will have spectacular views of Mt. Kilimanjaro and of the Mt. Meru Crater.
The small national park includes the slopes, summit, and ash cone of Mt. Meru, the Momella Lakes, Ngurdoto Crater, and the lush highland forests that blanket its lower slopes. Game viewing around the Momella Lakes is at a laid-back and quiet pace, and while passing through the forest many visitors stop to search for troupes of colobus monkeys playing in the canopy.
Best to know in Arusha National Park
- the rich biodiversity of flora and fauna it supports
- The Arusha National Park and Arusha town derive their name from the Wa-Arusha people who traditionally lived in this area.
- Until 1967 this was known as Ngurdoto Crater National Park.
- It has three distinct zones that defines its beauty and variety
The Momella Lakes:
- shallow alkaline lakes fed by underground streams
- Has thousands of lesser and greater flamingos as well as migratory birds (between April and October).
- Each of the lakes has a different kind.
The Ngurdoto Crater:
- similar to Ngorongoro” has a diameter of 3 km.
- Descending into a volcanic bowl supporting a multitude of wildlife in lush swamp vegetation.
- One has a superb view from the rim of this crater.
Mount Meru climbing:
- Tanzania’s second highest peak at 4,566 m
- Mt Meru Crater is one of the most spectacular landscapes in Tanzania and is thus the highpoint of a visit here.
- Both Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru can be seen from the park.
Hiking Mount Meru can be done in any time of the year; however the best month is in from June to march each year. Unlike Kilimanjaro, there is only one official route to the summit for Mount Meru Trekking – the only Momella Climbing route’.
Although there is a 3 days (8.7 mile) option, we prefer the longer, more chooses standard duration of 4 days (11.8 mile) climb. Generally we recommend climbing between June and February with December to February being the best months for clear views of Kilimanjaro.
The month of April and May are worst since they are characterized by excessive precipitation and hence not recommended for Hiking Mount Meru. In other aspects mount Meru climbing is ideal by many climbers who wish to climb this mountain with little crowd and but at the same time experience challenge while hike up ward to the summit.
- Bird watching Mount Meru Park
- Forest Walks Mount Meru Park
- 3 to 4 days Hiking Mount Meru
- Game drives for few days or even a day trip is possible.