Mount Meru Climbing Arusha Park.
Mount meru climbing in Arusha park is done in 3 days to 4 days in Group or solo Climbers before safari or Beach tour. Mount Meru climbing Arusha National Park in Tanzania is the adventure tour takes you to this second peak mountain in Tanzania. Our mount Meru climbing tour Tanzania is basically done by using indigenous people with a lot of experience as they have climbing this mountain several times. During Mount Meru Climbing you will be escorted by main guide, cooks and porters, the later one will be responsible for carrying your luggage to be used in the mountain together with your meals. Your accommodation while Hiking Mount Meru will be inside huts supplied with all facilities for your comfortable stay and overnight while Trekking Mount Meru tour.
Mount Meru Climbing Arusha Nation Park – Best Known For
The small national park includes the slopes, summit, and ash cone of Mt. Meru, the Momella Lakes, Ngurdoto Crater, and the lush highland forests that blanket its lower slopes. Game viewing around the Momella Lakes is at a laid-back and quiet pace, and while passing through the forest many visitors stop to search for troupes of colobus monkeys playing in the canopy.
- the rich biodiversity of flora and fauna it supports
- The Arusha National Park and Arusha town derive their name from the Wa-Arusha people who traditionally lived in this area.
- Until 1967 this was known as Ngurdoto Crater National Park.
- It has three distinct zones that defines its beauty and variety
The Momella Lakes:
- shallow alkaline lakes fed by underground streams
- Has thousands of lesser and greater flamingos as well as migratory birds (between April and October).
- Each of the lakes has a different kind.
The Ngurdoto Crater:
- similar to Ngorongoro” has a diameter of 3 km.
- Descending into a volcanic bowl supporting a multitude of wildlife in lush swamp vegetation.
- One has a superb view from the rim of this crater.
Mount Meru climbing:
- Tanzania’s second highest peak at 4,566 m
- Mt Meru Crater is one of the most spectacular landscapes in Tanzania and is thus the high point of a visit here.
- Both Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru can be seen from the park.
Type Of Activities
- Bird watching Mount Meru Park
- Forest Walks Mount Meru Park
- 3 to 4 days Hiking Mount Meru
- Game drives for few days or even a day trip is possible.