Dar es salaam Coastal Vacation Tour
Dar es Salaam, literally “the residence of peace”; or simply Dar, formerly Mzizima) is Tanzania’s largest and richest city, the largest city in eastern Africa by population, and is a regionally important economic centre. It is Tanzania’s most prominent city in arts, fashion, media, music, film and television. It is Tanzania’s leading financial centre with the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) being the country’s first and most important stock exchange market.
Dar es salaam Coastal Vacation Tour – Booking Information
Use our Booking form to get a details of our Dar es salaam Coastal Vacation Tour Package includes how to prepare for safari in this coastal city (What to pack) the type of accommodation stay and their standard while in safari (Lodge, hotels), Departures dates, Prices, and Best time to go for holidays tour in Dar es Salaam.
Dar es Salaam is the largest and most populous Swahili speaking city in the world. It is the capital of the Dar es Salaam Region administrative province and consists of three boroughs or administrative districts northern Kinondoni, central Ilala, and southern Temeke. The city is the leading arriving and leaving point for most tourists who visit tourism areas in Tanzania like the national parks for safaris and the islands of Zanzibar.
Best to know in Dar es Salaam
- Dar es Salaam is the Tanzania’s Largest city and an important economic capital of Tanzania.
- Dar es Salaam means Haven of Peace in Arabic and was named by Sultan Seyyid of Zanzibar in 1866.
- It was the administrative and commercial capital for German East Africa
- Currently it is the financial and political hub of Tanzania.
- Travel to Dar es Salaam beautiful coastline and beaches.
- Entry point for international tourists through Julius K. Nyerere International Airport which is served by most International Air Carriers.
- Multi-cultural experiences i.e. International cuisine, local culture etc.
- One of the busiest cargo ports in Tanzania.
- Business Capital of Tanzania.
- Hot and humid weather most of the year round- Hottest months from November – February with average day temperatures of 34 C.
- 2 distinct rainy seasons i.e. April-May “ Long Rains” / October-November “Short Rains”.
- Visit nearby islands for snorkeling
- Venture to the nearest beach and enjoy clear, blue seas and sunshine.
- Visit National Museum and village museums to learn more about Tanzanian and its culture.
- Take a city tour, visit local markets, artisans and carvers market etc
- Enjoy the variety of local and international foods available in and around the city.
- Explore the cosmopolitan night life of Dar es Salaam.