Bagamoyo Historical and Beach Tour
The town of Bagamoyo, Tanzania, was founded at the end of the 18th century. It was (also spelled Bagamojo) the original capital of German East Africa and was one of the most important trading ports along the East African coast. Today the town has about 30,000 inhabitants and is the capital of the Bagamoyo District, recently being considered as a world heritage site.
Bagamoyo Historical and Beach Tour – Booking Information
Use our Booking form to get a details of our Bagamoyo Historical and Beach Tour Package includes how to prepare for safari in this coastal city (What to pack) the type of accommodation stay and their standard while in safari (Lodge, hotels), Departures dates, Prices, and Best time to go for holidays tour in Bagamoyo.
Best to know in Bagamoyo
The most important trading town in Tanzania from the late 19th Century
Used to be one of the major location during the slave trade.
Used to be the entry point for explorers and traders wanting to go inwards into “dark Africa”. Famous explorers i.e. David Livingstone, Richard Burton, John Speke, Henry Morton Stanley passed through this centre for their trip inwards.
Was the Headquarters for German East Africa
Pristine Beaches for snorkeling and relaxing.
Kaole Ruins dating back to the 13th Century.
- Climate is Coastal which is mainly hot and humid with seasonal rains combined with Savannah landscapes.
- Hot and humid weather most of the year round- Hottest months from November – February with average day temperatures of 31 C.
- 2 distinct rainy seasons i.e. April-May “ Long Rains” / October-November “Short Rains”.
- Historical Excursions in and around the city.
- Visit the famous Kaole Ruins that dates back to the 13th Century.
- Walk around the town centre to feel the historic value this small town has played in the history of Tanzania.
- Relax on the beach, snorkel or paddle.
- Pay a visit to the well known Bagamoyo Centre for Arts and Culture to seelocal culture being taught to many foreign students.